What's this short fiction thing all about then? Wanna know the difference between a flash and a drabble? Wanna know how to harness story ideas and turn them into something tangible? Wanna discover the secret ingredient to all worthwhile fiction?
This quick 'n' dirty little intro to short fiction has all the answers you're looking for, including:
- How long is a short story?
- How can you turn the most mundane anecdote into a story full of intrigue and conflict?
- How do you drill down to the ‘fundamental human truth’ of a story?
- How do you redraft and restructure and rework an idea until you find the *right* one?
- And how do you make characterisation the juicy, emotive centre of a story?
PLUS: stellar short fiction examples and expert advice from authors like Paul McVeigh and Kit de Waal.