Thinking of sending your writing out into the literary ether? Hooray! Welcome to the wonderful world of submissions - simultaneously the most rewarding and frustrating part of being a writer.
There are some truly brilliant writing competitions and lit mags out there, but it can be all too easy to commit the cardinal sins of submission, cock up your chances at getting published, and become defeated by rejection.
We've put together a handy list of fundamental dos and don’ts for submitting your precious storybabies to writing competitions, literary magazines and the like. For example:
- How to properly prepare your submissions and give yourself a decent chance at getting published
- How not to piss off hard-working lit mag editors and competition judges
- How to keep going in the face of rejection
- How not to succumb to imposter syndrome and fear of failure
- How to kick literary arse with your subs
So take note, take heed, and get fucking published.